Name of the Car?
Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800
Cost of the Car?
3.27 – 4.59 lakhs
Mileage of the Car?
Engine : 796 cc
Transmission : manual
About Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800
Maruthi 800 is a small city car that was manufactured by Maruthi Suzuki in India from 1983 to 2014. The first generation (SS80) was based on the 1979 Suzuki Alto and had an 800 cc F8B engine, hence the moniker. Widely regarded as the most influential automobile in India, about 2.87 million 800s were produced during it’s course of which 2.66 million were sold in India itself.
With over 31 years of production, Maruthi 800 remains the second longest production car in India, next only to Hindustan Ambassador.
Now, finally Maruthi has bought an all-new Alto 800 with BSVI emission norms in India but the change is not limited to only this but lots more. The exteriors come with a new aero design, interiors come in dual tone, and better safety in the form of reverse parking sensors and ABS with EBD. Maruthi Alto 800 will be offered in a variety of 6 colour choices, namely Uptown Red, Mojito Green, Cerullo Blue, Superior White, Silky Silver and Granite Grey.
The Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800 exterior now seem amazing as it is built with aero design. There is a presence of body-colored bumpers and outside door handles, full wheel covers, body side fenders, and body side moulding. It really captivates your heart when you look at it.
The interiors of all-new Alto 800 now come with a very different style as it features a dual tone dashboard which effortlessly flows to the A/C ducts to the new and stylish speedometer. The bottle holders at the rear and the ergonomic design give utmost practicality. The seat upholstery comes in fabric and vinyl with silver accents on door handles, steering wheels and centre garnish.
The car now comes with remote keyless door entry, rear parcel tray, sun visors for the driver and co-passenger, assist grips for the driver, co-driver and rear, internally adjustable ORVMs, and 2 speakers in the front with a speaker grille. Other features include an audio system with USB, AUX-in and Radio integrated with Bluetooth connectivity, and A/C with heater.
Technical Specifications of Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS
- Overall length : 3,335 mm (131.3 in)
- Overall width : 1,440 mm (56.1 in)
- Overall height : 1,405 mm (55.3 in)
- Wheelbase : 2,175 mm (85.6 in)
- Front track width : 1215 mm (47.835 in)
- Rear track width : 1200 mm (47.244 in)
- Ground clearance : 160 mm ( 6.3 in )
- Kerb weight : 650 kg (1,433 lb ) without A.C., 655 kg (1.466 lb ) with A.C.
- Seating capacities : 4 people maximum
- Fuel tank capacity : 28 L (7.4 US gal )
- Engine oil : ~2.7 L including oil filter
- Transmission oil : ~2.1 L
- Coolant : 3.5 L
- Windscreen washer fluid : 1.75 Lt
- Maximum speed : 130 km/h (81 mph) F8B MPFI; 145 km/h (90.1 mph)
- 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) : 14 seconds
- Mileage highway : 20.1 km/l (5.0 l/100 km; 47 mpg-us)
- Mileage city : 17.5 km/l (5.7 l/100 km; 41 mpg-us)
- Mileage overall : 18.1 km/l (5.5 l/ 100 km; 43 mpg-us)
- Engine model : F8B MPFI (4-speed), F8D MPFI (5-speed)
- Displacement : 796 cc (49 cu in)
- Valves per cylinder : 2 (F8B), 4 (F8D)
- Number of cylinders : 3 inline
- Fuel type : petrol
- Peak power : 37 BHP at 5500 rpm (F8B), 45 BHP at 6000 rpm (F8D)
- Transmission type : manual
- Gears : four-speed gearbox (F8B), 5- speed gearbox (F8D)
- Front suspension : MacPherson Strut and coil spring
- Rear suspension : coil spring with gas-spilled shock absorbers
- Steering type : Rack and Pinion
- Minimum turning radius : 4.42 m (14.5 ft)
- Front brakes : disk
- Rear brakes : drum
- Brake mechanism : hydraulic
WHEELS & TYRES
- Tyres (radial optional) : 145/70 R12